Miller Health Yoga Orillia
Take yoga out of the studio and build a better connection between your body and mind with 75 minute classes. Located at 300 Peter St. N, Unit 201.
Are You Tired of Dealing With Chronic Pain or Struggling With Mental Health Challenges?
Yoga can help to strengthen your mind-body connection by focusing on:
Achieve the pain-free life you deserve
Why take a yoga class?
There’s a good reason you wouldn’t consider building a home on a weak foundation. If you are struggling with chronic physical or mental complaints or recurring injury, it is possible the foundational strength in your body or mind is in need of some attention.
Beyond most physical exercises, yoga dates back to ancient scripture as far as 5,000 years ago and is said to likely have existed for much longer than that, being passed on verbally before this time. Some of the earliest texts describe this practice as that of one that contributes to “stilling the mind” – which allows great benefit to both the physical and mental capacities of an individual.
In a world where things move quickly, yoga is the practice to slow down one’s pattern of thinking enough to listen to the needs of the body during movement so that they can build a foundational connection that is strong. Exercise the body and mind together and take strength to a new level.
What to Expect:
Taking yoga out of the studio and bringing it to the hands of those who need it most. At Miller Health Yoga, the aim is to strengthen the mind-body connection so that healing comes from within. Each program offers a unique opportunity to get to know one’s self on a deeper level depending on the physical or mental needs of the individual. Take this opportunity to build strength in ways that prevent injury and promote a better quality of life. Classes are kept to small groups of 4 to create the opportunity to build connections as well as allow the instructor to engage with each individual and tailor poses to their needs and goals.
Rehabilitative & Restorative Yoga
- This class is 75 minutes long, offered on Monday evenings from 7:30pm to 8:45pm
- Start your yoga journey with the fundamentals in a class that is accessible to all physical activity levels
- Each session will work towards enhancing the individual’s body awareness so they have the tools they need to transform their physical capabilities
- This experience will start with beginner-level guided breathwork and move through subtle changes in body postures and positioning, finishing off with a guided meditation that is sure to strengthen the connection between body and mind
Morning Movement with Mindfulness
“Embodied self-awareness is the ability to pay attention to ourselves to feel our sensations, emotions and movements online, in the present moment, without the mediating influence of judgemental thoughts” – Allen Fogel
- This class is 75 minutes long, offered on Sunday mornings from 10:30am to
- Let this be your opportunity to reprogram the ways you think about your body and self, by placing a focus on body-positivity, self-love, and gratitude
- This all-level class will also target the release of tension and stress through restorative movement and breath
One-on-one classes can be tailored and personalized to your unique needs according to your injury or goals. Sam’s classes include a complimentary telephone consultation to discuss goals and any pertinent pieces of information you would like to share before stepping into the physical space to practice. The class(es) that follow will be sequenced accordingly, so come prepared to learn how your body responds to the movement that it needs most. Call 705-327-5400 to book your phone consultation and begin your journey to more mindful movement.
Improve and maximize your health today!
Getting Started Is Easy
Call Us or Book Online
Call us or click the button below to find a time that best suits your busy schedule.
Get A Personalized Plan of Care
Talk with our expert staff to design a plan that’s personalized to meet your performance and recovery goals.
Accomplish Your Health Goals
Enjoy your loss of pain, improved mobility and get back to doing the things you love!
Frequently Asked Questions About Yoga
Reach out if you can’t find what you’re looking for.
Monday – Thursday: 7AM – 8PM
Friday: 7AM – 6PM
Saturday: 8AM – 2PM