Naturopathy Treatment Orillia
What is Naturopathy?
Naturopathy or Naturopathic Medicine is a form of primary health care which integrates standard medical diagnostics with a broad range of natural therapies. It addresses the root cause of illness and supports the body’s innate healing ability through using an integrated approach to disease diagnosis, treatment and prevention.
Principles of Naturopathy
To best describe Naturopathic Medicine, I believe it’s important to explain its governing principles. There are 6 principles which are fundamental to the practice of Naturopathic Medicine, including:
- First, to do no harm, by using methods and medicines that minimize the risk of harmful side effects.
- To treat the causes of disease, by identifying and removing the underlying causes of illness, rather than suppressing symptoms.
- To teach the principles of healthy living and preventative medicine, by sharing knowledge with patients and encouraging individual responsibility for health.
- To heal the whole person through individualized treatment, by understanding the unique physical, mental, emotional, genetic, environmental and social factors that contribute to illness, and customizing treatment protocols to the patient.
- To emphasize prevention, by partnering with the patient to assess risk factors and recommend appropriate naturopathic interventions to maintain health and prevent illness.
- To support the healing power of the body, by recognizing and removing obstacles to the body’s inherent self-healing process.
For More Information on Naturopathy
If you would like more information on naturopathy or naturopathic medicine, please visit familynd.org.
Exploring The Alternative Option of Naturopathic Medicine
It seems that more and more people are interested in utilizing their bodies’ innate healing power as an alternative to traditional medicine; at Miller Health, we provide skilled naturopathy treatment in Orillia to those looking for such an option.
Simply put, naturopathic medicine brings together traditional methods of diagnostics with natural therapies intended to allow for organic healing. That is to say, this form of primary care is concerned with addressing the root cause of an illness or affliction through integrated methods after arriving at a clear diagnosis.
At Miller Health, we believe that the human body is capable of amazing things when properly facilitated. That’s why our naturopathic medicine treatments focus on allowing the body to heal itself, while still relying upon a modern medical understanding of diagnoses.
Naturopathic medicine may include a wide range of treatments; some of the most common are:
- Specialized laboratory testing to find an accurate medical diagnosis
- Clinical nutrition services that address diet and any need for supplements
- Acupuncture treatment, as well as other forms of Eastern medicine
- Homeopathic treatments and botanical medicine
These methods allow you to fully grasp your health issues from a medical perspective while giving your body the proper tools to heal these issues from within.
The Difference A Naturopathic Doctor Can Make
The naturopathy practitioners at Miller Health abide by a set of principles that guide their practice. These principles lead to treatment that is minimally harmful, which emphasizes the importance of addressing underlying causes rather than symptoms, and that focuses on prevention as a long term health plan.
When you choose to work with a naturopathic doctor, you’ll find that their approach to healthcare is far more in-depth than that of an ordinary physician. Your naturopathic doctor will work tirelessly to fully understand the current state of your health and will spend a great deal of time educating you about their findings.
What’s more, a naturopathic doctor will prescribe a course of treatment that encourages you to heal from the inside out. For example, if traditional diagnostic methods reveal that you have high cholesterol, a naturopathic doctor is likely to address nutrition with you rather than prescribe a medication; this way, your body addresses and corrects the issue on its own.
As opposed to the traditional doctor/patient relationship, you’ll find that a naturopathic doctor treats you like a partner on your own healthcare journey, supplying you with all the necessary tools and education for success.
Types of Treatment You Can Expect to Receive at A Naturopathic Clinic
While naturopathy is picking up popularity, it’s important to be discerning when you select a clinic to manage your healthcare. A multidisciplinary space like Miller Health will be able to offer a far more comprehensive treatment lineup than a less equipped clinic.
Because of the fact, that a naturopathic doctor might suggest any number of therapies as part of your treatment, providing as many of those therapies as possible on-site will simplify your experience. At Miller Health, we’re proud to be able to provide a wide range of services in our clinic, including:
- Massage therapy
This is just a small sampling of what the Miller Health team can provide, and each of these offerings can prove instrumental on your journey to overall health with naturopathy. Even if you aren’t currently experiencing any health-related issues, naturopathic treatment will help you develop habits that prevent illness from occurring.
Whether you simply feel that a new direction could boost your overall well-being, or you have specific concerns you’d like to address, naturopathic treatment will give you all of the necessary tools to meet your wellness goals in a way that’s neither harmful nor invasive.
If traditional primary care methods don’t resonate with you, contact us to explore how naturopathic treatment can grant you the gift of long term health through natural therapy and prevention.